The 2013 legislative session was historic, and I’m grateful for your support as we made the tough but responsible decisions that will help rebuild our economy and restore North Carolina’s place as a leader in job growth and prosperity. Our accomplishments this session:
• Implemented comprehensive tax reform that will provide major tax relief to all North Carolina families and make our state more attractive to job-creating businesses.
• Adopted a balanced, fiscally responsible state budget that invests in core services, streamlines state government, strengthens public education and grows North Carolina’s economy.
• Passed major education reforms to strengthen student literacy, improve graduation rates, reward effective teachers and give parents tools to make better informed decisions about their children’s education. We are continuing to work with Gov. McCrory to work out a fair and equitable compensation plan for teachers.
• Passed sweeping changes to the state’s burdensome regulatory environment.
• Approved bipartisan legislation to spur our economy by tapping into North Carolina's abundant energy resources.
• Improved our investment in North Carolina’s transportation infrastructure.
• Invested in our state’s rural communities by launching a new, accountable Rural Economic Development Division within the state Department of Commerce.
• Passed major health care reform legislation to improve medical billing fairness and transparency, reduce health care costs and help consumers make better-informed decisions about their treatment.
• Passed a hugely popular, common-sense provision that requires North Carolinians to show a photo ID when they vote.
• Protected the Second Amendment rights of North Carolinians.
The legislation we passed is already putting our state back on track. Our economy has steadily been gaining strength, and economists anticipate the pace of economic growth to stay on a steady, upward trend.
With the election rapidly approaching, I need your help and support to continue to make North Carolina’s economy vibrant again. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve in the North Carolina State Senate and with your support I look forward to continuing to serve you.
Re-Elect Trudy Wade
Senate District 27